Tuesday, March 22, 2011

bowchickawowow

If you are related to me, either by blood or by marriage, or you just don't care to hear about my sex life, feel free to skip this installment of Manic Military Wife.
For those sweet readers brave enough to stick around, what happens in the blog, stays in the blog. Unless, of course, you find it hilarious and need to tell all your friends.
Sweats aren't sexy. Neither are spiky legs and granny panties. but they are a necessary evil in womanhood. Sometimes we're tired, or it's winter, or we're bleeding. Sometimes we're just not in the mood, for anything. It's not a conspiracy against you, men. It's just... being a chick.

Since I am a stay at home-er/chronic volunteer-er many of my days start off with a sports bra and yoga pants, and they aren't even the sexy kind from Victoria's Secret. I've been known to let a week go by without hitting the legs with a razor, and if it weren't for wearing tank tops to derby, my pits would get the same treatment. I rarely wear make-up and my hair spends a lot of time back in a ponytail.I get busy, we all do. Some days I'm running non-stop through out my days from one school to the other taking care of PTA business, or taking the kids to gymnastics, or getting my ass to practice or rushing home to get dinner ready. Some days I'm at my laptop reading about writing, blogging, derby and Google-ing my heart out. Some days I'm just plain lazy.
But this laziness rolls over into other aspects of my life. Such as my sex life. There are times when the hubby and I look at each other and ask ," Do you even REMEMBER the last time we... (insert euphemism here)".
We've been married 14 years. We both have schedules and obligations, and then there's the kids and all the attention they need, and bills and work functions and TV shows and the internet and Angry Birds and all those other things we make time for, that sometimes the really important stuff gets put on the back burner. And we all know that sex is REALLY important. But let's be honest, would you wanna tap that ass if what it's attached to is scraggly?
Today was one of those days where we realized we had been too busy to get busy.
About four o'clock, I was sitting in my sweats after a day of Google-ing and researching and random housework feeling blah, and I know I was looking blah. Blah doesn't make for sexy sexy time. So I jumped into the shower and shaved my Sasquatch-esque legs. I flat ironed my hair, put on make-up and got dressed in something other than yoga pants/sweats. It's amazing how much sexier mascara can make you feel! You know what else makes me feel sexy? Lacey panties and a non cotton bra! They aren't just for special occasions. What better way to package up the goods, than to put them in something that helps them look good? I even fabreezed the bed. I know, it's not really that sexy, but I love the clean smell and I don't wear perfume, so it'll do in a pinch. All this, and on a Tuesday, no less. Now all I have to do is wait for our usual Tuesday night couch date, and the kids to go to bed, and this kitty is gonna pounce...
meow.
So take some tips from me. Get off the blog (after forwarding it to everyone you know and having them follow me), freshen your face and practice your naughty smirk. Lets all make Tuesday night a little more productive and leave those sweats on the floor ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I finally took a moment to check your blog! You are a mad genius! And this particular posting is just pure awesomeness!! Sexy sexy time... lol! I love you Smut :)

    ReplyDelete