Friday, February 11, 2011

Things I love

With Valentines Day looming (don't act like you forgot)I thought I would do a bit of a bloggy homage. We all know Valentines day isn't a real holiday, but, rather, an excuse for corporate America to put their business into the red by hawking schwag, dispensing guilt and laying on the pressure for relationships old and new. Men resent having to go overboard to "show" their lady friend how much they "love" them. Women try to outdo each other in the " who has the better man" category. And if your single... well this day just reaffirms that nobody will ever want you. No amount of cards, chocolates or roses will ever live up to the hype brought about by jewelers, Hallmark and our own insecurities. Love should always start from within. You can't really love another until you love yourself.
So I'm turning Valentines Day into a day of reflection. Here are a few of the things I love, not in any specific order except how they came to mind:

1. I love my husband. He's my best friend and he cracks me up.
2. I love the little butterfly magnet Erica left on my bed when she moved 2 years ago. It's still in the same spot.
3. I love the ocean.I love warm sand between my toes and I don't get enough of it here.
4. I love FaceBook and reconnecting with friends, and keeping connected to family.
5. I love my phone. I take it with me everywhere, a silly side effect from constant deployments.
6. I love the Pacific Northwest and all there is to do here. Mountains, forests, ocean; its beautiful.
7. I love being a mom. It's the hardest job I'll ever do, but I hear, the most rewarding. Fingers crossed!
8. I love how music can take you back in time, fill you with emotion, and change your mood.
9. I LOVE ROLLER DERBY
10. I love sitting on my couch in my sweats with a bowl of popcorn,snuggled in between the kids, or cozied up to Derek.
11. I love a good night out with friends! A good group of friends is always the answer.
12. I love shave ice. In Hawaii. Matsumoto or Aokis is fine by me.
13. I love sleep. Naps are heavenly.
14. I love all the good times had on Adams St. I miss them.
15. I love this blog and my sweat readers who encourage me :)
16. I love a good sunset.
17. I love my moms photography
18. I love comic book movies. I love any movie that has action and makes me laugh.
19. I love to laugh. I think most of the worlds problems could be solved with laughter.
20. I love the feeling I get when I accomplish something I thought was beyond me.
21. I love hanging out with my family in Clovis and reliving our youth!
22. I love the life my husband provides for us.
23. I love a clean, organized house.
24. I love Pennys mac and cheese
25. I love the sound of Derek's bike when he pulls into the drive
26. I love not knowing what the future brings. Life is about change.

This Valentine's Day I'm going to celebrate the love I have around me, and expect only the same in return. Take THAT Hallmark.

2 comments: